Saturday, August 8, 2020

Gospel Today Augost 9 2020

Today is Sunday, the 19th ordinary day in Roman Catholic Time 1 Kings 19:9, 11-13. The Gospel tells us today that anytime the Lord allowed us to changed our life for good. 

Resulta ng larawan para sa bible reading photosI woke up at around some minutes before 5:00AM hits this morning. I decided to catch up the remaining darkness by going back to sleep because it's off day, no need to prepare myself for office work  when it came to my mind and remember that it's Sunday and it's time to attend mass again online in 1ph Channel presided by Bishop Pabillo. 

Attending mass every Sunday has been practiced by me since the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the country and completely changed our lives even the way we worshiped, the way we talked and the way we roam. In this gospel it stressed the way apostle Pedro did when he asked Jesus Christ to met Him out the boat walking up above the water as the way Jesus Christ was doing and with all the emotions that apostle  Pedro that time, he was already following the direction to met Jesus Christ when suddenly Pedro has felt fear and beyond to Pedro's control, he suddenly sank foot by foot which no choice but asked help to the Lord. Then and there the Lord put off his fear by helping him and let him settled up the water walking with Him.

God is for us, who can ever be against us? 

After Attending the mass online I made some reflection when suddenly someone has called from the outside "Buddy . . . Buddy"!!!!!! Someone was calling my husband. The name "Buddy" is an address to anyone my husband's comrade  in his military service. I went out and Ah!!! one of my husband's comrade in his Scout Ranger Group met my eyes with fresh veges handed to me . . . one bunch is for us and the other is for my office mate, his friend too. . . .

Thank you Lord for the very early visit but what can I offer too . . .  to my neighbors and to the needy, especially in this time of pandemic covid-19?






No comments:

Post a Comment